meta property="fb:pages" content="1458163954226738" /> Netizens Journals: Look: Anorexic Woman Starved Herself For 16 Years, Now Asking Experts For Help

Monday, November 20, 2017

Look: Anorexic Woman Starved Herself For 16 Years, Now Asking Experts For Help

BY: CHESKA



Anorexia is an eating disorder which is characterized by low weight, fear of gaining weight, and a strong desire to be thin, resulting in food restriction. People with anorexia see themselves as overweight even though they are actually underweight.If asked they usually deny they have problem with low weight. They often weigh themselves frequently, eat only small amounts, and only eat certain foods. Some will exercise excessively, force themselves to vomit, or use laxatives to produce weight loss.

A woman in New York who has battled anorexia since she was 13, cries as she asked  the experts for help to recover from the disease.





Stephanie Rodas, 28 has been suffering anorexia for 16 years and at one point dropping to a life-threatening 55 lbs. She appeared on daytime TV show “The Doctors” to undergo a series of test to find out how the disease has affected her body.


She confessed to hosts Nita Landry and Dr Sonia Batra;


“I can have as little as 100 calories a day... I will spend 10 hours exercising,”


Stephanie revealed that she was overweight when she was a kid, but she was bullied as she hit her teens.


She recounted; “When I was 13 I felt very hideous. I was overweight and kids would say things like "fatso" and everyone in the lunchroom would throw food at me”


At the age of 17, her family started to worry and sent her to clinic in New Jersey due to her shrinking frame. However, it didn’t help her but rather she became addicted to the disease.


She told the hosts; “They took me to a treatment center. I picked up more tips and tricks from the girls there and it started a cycle of being in and out of treatment centers for years,”




When she was 23, she tried other methods like yoga, meeting with nutritionist, and holistic medics to free herself from the disease. Unfortunately, she couldn’t do it.


In February she was rushed to a local hospital after taking an unspecified amount of painkillers, as her sister Janete found her unconscious in her apartment. The doctors told her family that it didn’t look good.




Janete told the show; “For about three days we didn't know if she would wake up”.During the show Stephanie cried and asked for help, saying “There has to be a way to heal.”

Dr Landry asked Stephanie: “I want to know, when you look into the mirror, what do you see?”

She replied: “It's not the food, it's not the appearance, it's more about how I feel and what that brings up for me. I've never been able to feel like I can have closure and move through that.'So the image... I guess smaller felt safe because it reflected more how dead I already felt inside.”



Photo Credit: Via Daily Mail/The Doctors


DISCLAIMER: (NO COPYRIGHT INTENTIONS, FOR SUPPORT AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY) 
I do not own ANY of the soundtrack, property and rights for audio/ video go to the OWNER. If any content owners would like their images/video removed, Please Message me and I will do so. No copyright infringement intended. Copyright reserved to the respected owner(s) of this video and copyright parties.


Source: DailyMail








No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 Home Remedies For Clogged Arteries, Check Them out!

BY: CHESKA Clogged arteries are result from a buildup substance called plaque on the inner walls of the the arteries. Healthy a...

Popular